Wednesday, August 19, 2009

[saveenterprise] John Billingsley at Dragon*Con



Hail Warriors and Friends,
 
Yet another name has been added to Trek Trak programming at Dragon*Con = William Shatner!
 
I think it is wonderful that these big guys (Nimoy, Shatner, etc.) are going to be there and I'm looking forward to being able to view as much of the celebrity appearances as possible (although for me this will be a study con and I'll have to spend time with that no doubt).
 
But, the main point of this communication is to let you know that John Billingsley who played Dr. Phlox on Enterprise will also be at Dragon*Con. I want to ask everyone to support his appearance there. If this is not "kosher," I apologize. I simply have a VERY soft spot in my heart for this gentleman, and I'll tell you why.
 
When Enterprise was cancelled, many of us wrote letters of encouragement to the cast to help them through this difficult period. John Billingsley replied to mine in the spring of 2005. And when I responded to his thanks, he continued to write me!
 
It wasn't much, just a few paragraphs, but he took the time to stay in touch and here it is FOUR years later and we're still corresponding. This actor is very appreciative of his fans and is a very nice guy! When I first got into nursing school, he was super supportive. And despite his busy schedule, he has been faithful to continue to respond to my correspondence, time permitting.
 
I cannot tell you how excited I am to meet him for the first time at Dragon*Con! It's a rare thing for JB to be in our neck of the woods, so if you ever were an Enterprise fan, or like me a Phlox fan, or a Star Trek fan of any ilk, NOW is the time to get his autograph! And I'm also very excited to meet his wife, the General on "Chuck," who also has Star Trek connections, Bonita Friedriecy. Katkith and I are big fans of "Chuck."
 
Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you can support, I thank you SO much! Pass it on as you see fit!
 
May honor guide your words and deeds; May glory follow close behind!
 
Qapla'!
 
Keela


__._,_.___


Want to be invovled in writing, acting, producing or giving input in Hollywood and on movies and television series being made?
http://Scifi-Studios.com

Don't just watch the adventure - Make it happen!
The production company of the future!




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment